FEEDBACK FROM PATIENTS
Acid reflux is a fairly common problem, and is often manageable by watching what you eat and medications for a short period of time. However, in some people, it can become a recurring problem that has a big impact on their day-to-day lives. Stretta is one procedure that aims to solve the problem in a unique way. Dr Rehan Haidry has been carrying this procedure out at the London Clinic for select patients. Here is some feedback from some of the numerous patients he has treated with this exciting procedure:
I take Gaviscon sometimes and very infrequently Ranitidine 150mg, only if I go to wine tastings or know I might eat too much. Otherwise no problems at all. I am so happy, it has improved my quality of life no end! I couldn’t recommend it highly enough!
Before Stretta I’ve been nauseous and ill nearly every three months. I’ve had gallstones, and they’ve been removed last year, that might have helped too, but I am feeling great since Stretta.
Glad I saw Dr. Haidry, he is a pro and knows what he is doing.
Before I had stretta I had the following symptoms :
– waking up each morning with my nose congested, a sore throat and a bad taste in my mouth
– I felt lethargic most of the time. When wanting to do exercise, running out of energy quickly and getting out of breath easily and always with a runny nose
– regurgitated food and sick in mouth on a regular basis over any given week with frequent acid and wind
– immediately after the procedure I was in a bit of pain but once the paracetamol had kicked in this was managed.
– I was back eating medium to solid foods with a week
– I felt immediate relief for 2-3 weeks after the operation which was amazing – due to the swelling no doubt
– after a couple of weeks, day to day routine was back to normal. I had held off training but soon for up and running with that again
– it was difficult to burp for the first 4 weeks or so which was amusing more than anything and actually reassuring in a way as it felt like it was ‘keeping it where it should be’
– chest was a bit sore initially internally upon long distance running but this was within a month of the procedure so probably to be expected.
12 months on
– occasionally wake up with sore throat. Usually if I have eaten something I shouldn’t have but in the round 70% improvement on prior to the procedure.
– Lots more energy and stamina.
– occasional reflux but literally a handful of times per week as oppose to several times per day
– still get a bit congested which is why I am keen on a stretta 2 but it’s nothing like what it used to be.
On the whole I would say a 70% improvement overall. Some days, it doesn’t even cross my mind whereas prior to the procedure I knew about it each day and looking back, it was quite depressing.
I am so pleased I did it and I wouldn’t think twice about a second one if the benefits built on where I currently am. “
To make an enquiry or to book an appointment please call Dr. Haidry’s secretary on: 020 7183 7965